Friday, June 15, 2012

37 week update

I had my last ultrasound today for baby girl to check on her weight and general check up stuff (I really pay attention during these appointments, can't you tell?)
Mind you, she is totally scrunched up in there but she looks EXACTLY like Henry did!  All lips and cheeks.  It's really amazing to look back and see the resemblance. 
All my fluids look good, which is usually the first thing they check when you have gestational diabetes.  Her heartbeat has also slowed down to about 128, closer to my own heart rate.  The nurse said this happens as it gets closer to that time (need to google it).   She's usually around 145.
She is 7lbs, so if she goes all the way to the due date of July 5th, she'll probably be 8 to 9lbs.  3 more weeks.  Wow.
Marc and I are so relaxed with this baby.  It's really strange with the 2nd.  I probably need to make one more trip to Babies R Us to stock up and I scanned through my Baby 411 book to try and get back in the zone. 

Henry joined us for the ultrasound and threw out his usual zingers.
H-"That my brother?"
Me- "No sweetie, that's your sister.  A baby girl, remember?"
H- "Ohhhh....my sister.  She looks like monkey."
Me- "Yeah, she looks a little weird in that picture."
H- "That too bad."

It is unfortunate I suppose.  To have a sister that looks like a monkey.





Love,
Lyndsey

No comments: