Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ready for our girl!

The nursery is done!
Well, almost done.  I still want to get a cute rug and I just ordered a little owl pillow for the rocking chair, but other than that, DONE.
I have decided that Pinterest is not the best thing for a manic nesting pregnant woman.  They didn't have Pinterest when I was pregnant with Henry and I was a crazy nester then too.  Multiply that by ten! 
I loved putting this nursery together.  I was able to use so many of my things from my shabby chic days from my first apartment on my own.  I saved everything thinking if I ever had a little girl I would want to use them in her room.  And now I am!
Here's the view walking into the room! 
My mama bought me the bedding from Etsy and I love it!  Is it weird that I would like to sleep in here?  Yes, that is weird.  I ordered the frame from a photography shop in Concord.  The branch was salvaged from the backyard.
I have had this old desk since I was 14!  I bought some new knobs from Anthropologie (totally need a new one for the middle drawer now that I'm looking at it) to spruce it up.  The desk is too small for a grown up person who is taller than 5ft tall to use comfortably, so I thought it would be good for the changing table.

I think this says it all.

My mama made this for me after Ash and I picked out the scrapbook paper at Michael's.  I have had this window for years and years.  This is hanging right by her closet.

The old door!  Once again, another item I have had forever.  I bought this back when I was in college.  Hmm....I might be a hoarder.



Oh my, look at all the flea market treasures!  Doesn't it just make your heart happy?
My crafty sis knitted the flowers and I covered a cheapy Target lampshade in burlap and hot glued the flowers on.  Easy!  I mod podged an old canvas I didn't like anymore with some book pages and added a few trinkets.

Shutter ribbon holder

The closet!  I am in so much trouble.


I am so happy the room is finished.  I am 37 weeks pregnant and I am literally still in disbelief that I will have a baby girl here very shortly.  How did this happen?  Wait, I think I know how it happened but where has the time gone?
I'll blog more later in the week after we have our last ultrasound on Friday.  Hopefully, we'll have some pics to share!

Love, Lyndsey

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Soooooo cute!!! Can't believe she's almost here!