Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Saying No

Lately, I feel like I have been saying "No" a lot.

"No, don't throw your food."
"No, get out of Betsy's water bowl."
"No, don't touch the cable box."
"No, eating the tube of Cortaid you have become so fascinated with".

"No" gets old real fast. I think you are a true mom in those moments where, sometimes....you are just too tired to care. And you just have to laugh.

Taking all my folded laundry out of the laundry basket, why not? Rubbing my toothbrush on the bathroom floor, sure. Throwing all the plastic plates out of the dishwasher, couldn't hurt? Using blueberry yogurt as hair gel, go on ahead.

I'm trying to keep taking pictures, but he moves so fast. The picture is usually just a blurry blob running past me.

Here's some from this past week:

He's got a real dog, but instead likes to hug the puppy on the dog food bag.

Banging cups together while we play music in the kitchen.

Finally got some new tunes on my ipod! Bought me some Sia, Cee Lo, and Ray LaMontagne. Sia is so good! I can't believe she's not on the radio yet. She has a new video on VH1, but it's the only slow song on her latest CD. All the others are fast, poppy songs. There's even a remake of Madonna's "Oh Father" on there, so you know I like it! I will take an obvious Madonna cover, but I'm not feeling Lady Gaga's copycat look and sound lately. "Alejandro"= "La Isla Bonita". "Born This Way"= "Express Yourself". And her look at the Grammy's was pure Blonde Ambition tour, circa 1990. Palm tree ponytail and all. Losing faith in you Gaga.

Am I a gay man inside of a woman's body or what?!

Saturday morning chaos

Hey, first facial expression of somewhat happiness on the swings. I'll take it!

Does a bear shit in the woods? The answer is yes. Look at that face!


I love to mow. Please hire me to take care of your lawn. I will accept payment in goldfish and animal crackers.

Have a great week!
Love,
Lyndsey, Marc, Henry, & Betsy

3 comments:

The Palmer Fam said...

Girl you crack me up!

jinglchelle said...

HAHAHA. Oh my gosh, I am laughing out loud at my desk...good thing everyone is at work.

Does a bear shit in the woods is my favorite. And I LOVE Ray Lamontagne!

I'm sure to see you a lot more this year with the new Baby S news!! YEAHHH! Get your ER dance readyyyyy!

Michelle said...

You are so freakin funny! I can identify with *all* of what you said, except maybe I never was on board w/ Gaga since I am an old, old woman.