Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bahama Mamas (& Papas)


What a wonderful vacation! After all the sickness we've had in our household, I couldn't wait to just get away and rest. And sure enough, right after we got there we both took a two hour nap. Much needed!

Soaking up the sun


View from our bed and breakfast's patio

Beach all to ourselves!



Jellyfish at the Atlantis aquarium.



Sunset from Paradise Island


Private beach we visited during the Segway tour



Segway tour! Total touristy thing to do, but it was so fun!





Sunset from the B&B's patio



Beautiful sunsets every night




Pier at a nearby resort. It was freezing! So glad I brought my sweater. I wore it almost every day.


Yay!


Dinner at Traveler's- Best restaurant in Nassau! Try the guava cake. And our clothes match the sunset.



Our room! So cozy. I felt like I was staying in an old Southern plantation...in a Pottery Barn kind of way.



I spent most of my time in this tub reading.




Beach combing


And while we had an AMAZING time, we missed Henry something fierce. This was our first time away just the two of us and I have to say, it took about a day to get out of a parent high alert mode. But what a great chance to re-connect and just hang out with each other with no worries in the world....well, maybe just where we were going to eat that night and what drink I was going to order.


Thanks to Geemaw and Grandpa for taking such good care of my boy! He loves y'all so much!
Love,
Lyndsey, Marc, Henry, and Betsy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: