Sunday, September 27, 2009

Trip to Childress Vineyards

Taking advantage of one of the last weekends where we can take a spur of the moment trip, we took off Sunday morning to Childress Vineyards in Lexington for brunch. What a great day trip! It's only an hour away and the brunch & wine is to-die for! I indulged in half a glass of wine- glorious :) We indeed felt quite sophisticated as we dined on the outdoor terrace listening to the sweet sounds of the band, "Sophisticated Jazz". Although their tune selection was a step above Muzak and we were the only people under 70 years old around (what is it with the elderly & wineries?), it was a refreshing change of pace.


Speaking of food/drink, I tried a sweet potato muffin this weekend and about fell head over heels in love. I didn't realize I could fall in love with a piece of food, but this was about the most delectable morsel I have ever tasted. I will have to make a batch when I'm allowed to eat more carbs again.
Who woulda thunk this place is right off the highway?




Hope everyone has a great week!



Love,
Lyndsey, Marc, baby & Betsy

No comments: