Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nesting mania

I've been hit with the nesting urge. Not necessarily the urge to clean per se. As Marc puts it, it's more of an urge to buy "tchotchkes" for the house. Which, frankly, I take offense to. They are not tchotchkes. These are items and projects that help make a house a home. The baby cannot feel at ease living here with us unless I have a proper seasonal wreath at the door. Ladies, am I right or am I right? I never said it was logical people. This is primal, instinctual stuff.

Initial wreath- $10 to make. Beat that Martha.


Centerpiece with acorns found outside. Sorry, that candle has seen better days. If you have never gathered acorns, you should. Once you start, you can't stop. We were quite the sight with our bulging pockets. Looked like we had robbed somebody of something...circular and lumpy looking.


Finished painted stairway- Sherwin Williams Whole Wheat. Love how it turned out!


Finally, the bed is finished! Found the perfect Pottery Barn euro shams on ebay. Fluffy dog not included.


Fun little wall above our desk in the bedroom. When the baby is here, I want to get a real silhouette of him made instead of one of some other kid I printed off the computer.


Baby shower that Abby and I gave for Angela and baby boy Ian Matthew!Me, Angela, and Abby. Preggos unite! Sorry Abby!
I was 37 weeks complete yesterday, so I've got about 3 weeks left. He is full term now, so if he was born today, he would be perfectly healthy and fully developed. It could really be anyday now! Marc and I made a list last night of last minute things to do because I don't feel quite ready yet :) Honestly though, there is not really much of anything left to do and I doubt you ever get to that point where you feel completely ready.
The biggest weight off my back is that we've finally found a good in-home childcare provider. I'm not making a final decision for a little while longer and will still keep my options open, but it's such a relief for me to find an in-home person versus the traditional day care setting. So happy!
Love,
Lyndsey, Marc, baby, & Betsy

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Lyndsey, I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Congratulations on your baby that will be here in no time, and then, in no time, will be almost 6 months like mine. Your house is really cute, btw.