Friday, March 4, 2011

Riding solo

I've been kicking it single mom style this past week while Marc's been in Vegas at the Lowe's Sales Meeting. Alas, he did not bring me back any gambling winnings like I asked him to, but at least he broke even. He likes to play blackjack and poker over in old town Vegas. I can't help but think of Vegas Vacation. Just call him Nick Papagiorgio.


Henry is feeling all better! Thanks to everybody sending prayers and good thoughts our way.
He's feeling so good, he decided to go completely pants-free in the backyard. He tried to push the limit and go diaper-free too. Gotta love him. I think we would all like to run around with no pants on in the warm weather if society allowed it. Alright, maybe that's just me and my indecent exposure tendencies.

Eating some Lance peanut butter crackers in the driveway before him and his daddy head to his favorite place- Harris Teeter! He is very vocal while he shops and likes to talk with the guys at the deli counter so he can get free samples.


I thought I was on my game while Marc was gone, but some things are bound to slip.

I ran the dishwasher and opened it up and saw this mysterious dark blue liquid everywhere. What in the world?! Did a pen somehow bust open in there? Is it squid ink? Food coloring?


I investigate a little further. Henry is obsessed with wallets, so I had given him Marc's old wallet with some old business cards in it to play with. Lo and behold, look what had found a home in the top rack. So if you come to my house and your glass of water has a hint of leather flavor, this is why!

We had such a fun day on Saturday! I was feeling creative, so I made Henry some edible finger paints to play with. Really messy, but he really enjoyed it! After that, I had a "me" afternoon with a relaxing massage and some retail therapy. Perfect day :)


Hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Lyndsey



No comments: