Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome to the big show

Ah....the much anticipated bump pic. So, let me preface this pic by stating it was taken at the end of the day which is by far my largest time of day. Also, I had also just finished eating a frosty from Wendy's. AND....I am out of excuses.

If you'll scroll down and look at the 17 week pic, this is quite a difference! Mama's gettin' big! I was a little freaked out when I saw the difference, I'm not gonna lie. As my old college roommate used to say, "Goodnight nurse!"

Ok, here I am at 21 weeks. A little over halfway there.







Speaking of frosties from Wendy's, the baby must like them because we felt the first kick last night! Either that or he likes random women true crime shows on the E Channel, one of the two.
I haven't really felt anything and then all of a sudden, 2 kicks just like that. Marc was able to put his head up against my belly and felt them too. I'm sure he'll start busting a move pretty soon, if he's anything like his mama :)

I forgot to post this last time, but here's a fun pic at the doctor's right after we found out we were having a healthy baby boy! With the pics to prove it.



I'm beginning to be in nesting overload. We've made some good progress on making decisions on the nursery, but I've all of a sudden decided it's time to do a little overhaul in the master bath. I've actually been wanting to do this for a while but haven't had the energy or motivation till now. So far, I've made some window mis-treatments (check out the Nesting Place blog button on the side of my blog if you haven't already). I totally got this idea from her and I love not spending a ton of money on curtains. No sewing involved. A little glue gun, some safety pins, and a little time to play around with the fabric and that's it.

Here's the curtains I just made over the tub. They're kinda uneven but I'm still messing with them. Debating adding two bows with brown velvet ribbon to attach to the bottom. What do you think? Doesn't this just make you want to relax in the tub?? Now, I just need a chandelier...that's the cue for my husband who buys lighting fixtures for a living.


Here's the curtains I made for our bedroom. Very happy with how they turned out!






I'm leaving to come home to Texas on Thursday for 4 days. Can't wait to see the fam! Hope everybody has a great week!

Love, Lynds, Marc, & baby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous & little boys are the best! you go girl!

ErinB said...

Where did you get the bedspread?! I've been searching HIGH and LOW for a black and white bedspread that doesn't have too much black in it and just LOVE yours! Please tell....
The house is looking very cute, and you are just beautiful! :) Congrats again!