Thursday, September 13, 2012

Almost 3

I know I said in my last post that I would write about L's birth story next.

But first I must vent about H being almost three. As in THE Terrible Three's.

He's killing me y'all. I swear he is Jekyll and Hyde. His mood swings could rival those of any teenager. I'm not sure what happened to the boy that thought I hung the moon and agreed with everything I said. He comes back every once in a while to tease me with a hug and then follows it up with a "No mama!!!" and a fart noise to top it off.

Aw, hell no.

I've tried time outs, spankings, taking toys away, really limiting the juice (thinking it could be too much sugar) and then I realized.......he is almost 3. This is how he's supposed to be right? Some things work some of the time. There's no real logic to it.

I think before this I thought my child was perfect. I'll go ahead and admit it.
Now, oh man, that is coming back to bite me in the arse. Sometimes I get so angry at his behavior it takes all I can to just take a deep breath and reign myself back in.

I'm trying to take a more humorous approach and that seems to be working.
And letting him do more things by himself. Because now he ONLY wants to do things by himself.

I taught him how to fill up his water cup from the fridge tap to encourage water drinking instead of so much juice.
Me- "Henry, can you go get me some water?"
H- "Ok mommy!!"
Marc- "Henry, watch out. Don't step on your truck."
H- "Daddy, I'm going to get some water. That's how it is."

We made cookies together the other day since he loves to help in the kitchen so much.
I had left the chair by the island the night before not thinking.
When Henry wakes up in the morning, he either comes to our bed or will usually go down in his playroom and play trucks. Usually being the key word.
I come downstairs to the kitchen island and the surrounding wood floor covered in baking soda. He had filled up the two kitchen stones and sprinkled a bunch more around for good measure.
In my sleep-deprived stupor, I actually wondered if I had left it like that the night before. It is totally possible.
No.....so then I thought Marc had done something with it.

Me- "Did you pour a bunch of baking soda out on the counter this morning for some reason?"
Marc- "No. I saw that. I was wondering what that was about."

And then I see it. The shovel. His trusty shovel sitting there on the counter. Caught red handed. That boy had just helped himself to the Arm & Hammer out of the fridge.

Me- "Angel, what were you doing this morning in kitchen?"
H- "Mommy, I was trying to make soup."

Well, there you have it.

And can I get an amen that kids seem to act a million times worse when the grandparents visit?
What's the deal with that?!

Vent over. Ahhhhh......

And then he gives me the biggest hug ever and tells me I'm the best mommy in the world and all is good again.
Love you Hyde. That was the good one right?

Love,
Lyndsey


First day of preschool


Helped put in her paci in and extremely happy about it.


Big guy and little lady!


Mid fart noise with first shiner.  Gotten by running into coffee table.  Not by being punched by Will Ferrell in The Campaign.


House divided reunited by the love of thumb sucking.


No comments: