Wednesday, September 25, 2013

ESFP fun

Hi all!  It's finally starting to feel like fall around here and this is when I get stir crazy every year.  After the last couple weeks of August being so hot (I realize I have lost my Texas card.  We're talking mid 90's.)  and being cooped up, I just had to get out of town!  I don't know if other stay at home moms are with me on this, but since I'm home so much, I just seem to crave new experiences, new surroundings, new places.  Anything new and different, I am in.  Plus, I'm an ESFP I've recently found out.
 

On the Meyers-Briggs personality summary page, it sums me up with "You like to have fun.  You are a people person.  You love parties.  You like to perform."
The celebrities with my type were basically old actors like Goldie Hawn, Bob Hope, & Marilyn Monroe.  These were the most notable ones.

I can't remember which type Marc was, but I think it was this.



His summary was basically "You are the smartest man in the world."
Famous celebrities were the likes of George Washington, Barack Obama, and Bill Clinton.
You know, like presidents.

So I would say, he married up right??

Please do the test.  It's so interesting to see what your type is.  Make your spouse do it even if he protests.  He'll find out he's a genius and you like parties.  Everybody wins.

Here's some pics from our last couple weeks around here.
 
1st dentist appointment.  Looking good, although we have to try and stop thumb sucking.  Good luck with that!  It is attached to him.
 


Look at that belly!  


 All dressed up for church

 
A little sprinkler play during the last days of summer

 
4 Generations!  We had such a great visit with my mom, dad, and gram a couple weeks ago.


 
1st day of preschool.  Cutie!


 
Found this on my iphone.  Guess Lily decided it was time for her first selfie!


 
Funny faces

 
 
I am enjoying these rare moments of sibling love. 


She loves all of his trucks, sigh.  No dolls for this girl.
 
 Bebopping around the Bradford Store.  This country store is about five minutes from our house.  All kids get a free sucker and they have old timey toys for them to play with while I shop.  Sure, everything is organic and an avocado costs $3, but it's worth it, right?  For the experience?   Right? 
I am such a yuppie.  Oh, and they have a beautiful butterfly garden and chickens running around.  And a small antique store with blue mason jars and rusty construction toys.  So pretty much the best place ever.
 
We have been wanting to go to Greenville, SC all summer after my friend Jennifer told us what a fun place it was to take the fam.  Our first weekend with highs in the 70's, we decided to hit the open road and drive the 1 hour and 45 minutes to check it out.  I am so glad we did!  I cannot even tell you how beautiful this place is.  The park in the middle of their downtown reminded me of parks in Europe.  Flowers everywhere you turn, waterfalls, bridges, people making out, artists painting, kids playing...like this is in South Carolina???  I'm sorry I judged you so harshly SC. 
Everywhere we turned there was something amazing.  Oh, look here's a splash pad!  Oh, look a children's garden!   Even the underpasses were landscaped.  If I was homeless, I would want to live here.  We saw probably about 6 sets of brides and grooms taking photographs around the city and 2 weddings.  It's that type of picturesque place.  I mean, there are twinkly lights in all the trees lining the main street.  I actually even teared up a little bit.  It was that pretty.  And I guess I like twinkly lights.  A LOT. 
Obviously, my pics don't do it justice.
Go ahead and check out Falls Park on the Reedy on Trip Advisor in the Parks section.  Ranked #6 in the US.  Like not far behind Central Park.  Hidden gem.  Went home and had to check out houses in Zillow in case we need to move there immediately or something.
When I get inspired, I am all in.  For a whole ten minutes.
 









This is my favorite part of being a stay at home mom.  When the kids can be outside almost the whole day playing and I can sit and read a book/magazine/kindle while watching them.  Ahhh....almost feels like a vacation.  And they would both be outside all day if I let them.  I think that's a good thing.  Maybe I'm doing something right?
 




On the other end of the spectrum....the days that are not that awesome make me want to do this.


And then go on a girl's weekend!  I just got back from a trip to Blowing Rock with my preschool mom buddies.  We had so much fun!!!  My favorite part was just sitting around laughing & drinking on the deck with these beautiful surroundings.  Again, this is the most boring mountain landscape photo of all time and does not at all do justice to the scene.  The only thing we had to watch out for were bears!  Literally.  They had numerous bear sightings at night and in the day (omg) so that cut short our plans for hiking.  Darn.  We did see some wild turkeys and deer, but thanks be to the Lawd, no bears.  
 
This is me crouching down since all my friends are 5'2" and therefore making my booty seem gigantic when in fact it is becoming quite tight and shapely due to my regular workouts.  Rationalizing.
Not that big!  Promise.
This is Jackie and Misty.  Love them.  So thankful for all my friends I've met through Henry's preschool.  We have so much fun together.

 
And when I got home, Lily was wearing Henry's shirt and Henry promptly ate a four course meal of cheese stick, crackers, an apple, and a banana.  And Lily had decided to take a nap on the floor right before I arrived.
But they were alive! 
I didn't say a word. 
Until now...ha!  Love you honey.  Thanks for letting me go!


Love,
Lyndsey

No comments: