Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthday Festivities

Henry had such a great 2nd birthday week! Yes, in this family we celebrate the whole week.

The birthday fairy dropped off an excavator near the park for him.

When daddy's out of town, we go all out Aggies!



He helped me rake some leaves in the front yard.

And doze up some in the backyard.


Dozer videos!!


I put up a post on Facebook about it, but Henry got sick the day Marc left for his Lowe's charity golf tournament. Marc left on a Saturday and got back on Wednesday. Henry starting feeling better late Monday. I got sick on Monday and finally got some drugs on Friday.


What I'm getting at is, Henry's birthday festivities were conducted under a specialized drug cocktail of antiobiotic, steroid, cough syrup, and airborne. Add exhaustion to that. I am surprised how well it went actually. I did go a day with a vest worn inside out (bless you woman in the checkout line for letting me know), but other than that the embarrasment was kept to a minimum.


I wanted him to wake up on his birthday to his room filled with balloons. Plan thwarted when he decided he needed to sleep in mom and daddy's bed that night. This is as close as we got. The balloons delighted him for exactly 5 seconds. This picture cracks me up.


I made him birthday pancakes with sprinkles.






We decided to have the party at the park this year to cut down on some of the work (having the house clean for company). Best decision ever! It was a gorgeous fall day.



View of the lake from the park



Every construction party needs to start with an oreo.



Dump truck dirt cake. This was so easy to make and the kids loved it!



Slide time!


He actually went down by himself. What a mature 2 year old he is



Birthday song. The lighter wouldn't work in the wind, so we just pretended.




Sugar time!


Before....



.....and after!


Yum!


Present time.


Garbage trucks are the new obsession.




"Let me tell you something else. Back when I was one, I had to walk to daycare uphill both ways in the snow. And I liked it!"







Henry and his buddy Jack.



Garbage truck from Nana and Gramps!


What a great party! Thanks to all the kiddos and parents for coming. Kids playing on the playground so the adults could actually have adult conversations- LOVE.


Love,

Lyndsey

No comments: