Saturday, April 10, 2010

Springtime shenanigans!

Spring has officially begun! More sunlight, flowers in bloom, grilling out on the patio, margaritas, getting my blonde highlights back, Betsy really tired after only a 5min walk.....many of the reasons I love this time of year.

Henry couldn't wait to see the Easter bunny this year!


The more I look at this Easter bunny pic with Henry, the more that bunny freaks me out. I went with a group of mom friends & babies to see the bunny and get pics taken. It was seriously 95 degrees out that day and Henry had about 2 things that he could wear that weren't long sleeves. I decided on a sporty little romper not really realizing that he would be woefully underdressed as all the other little children had on their Janie & Jack finery. We're talking little baby blue blazers and sweater vests and such. Um yeah, I like my baby to sport his guns (fat rolls) in sleeveless tees and go barefoot. That's just my style.

He matched the green background in his romper and smiled like a champ, so it all worked out. This really doesn't matter at all, but for a moment I felt like I didn't get the memo. I'm sure more of those mommy moments are sure to come.
Oh, why didn't I plant tulip bulbs in the fall? Maybe my yard would look like this.


Now, here's my dressed up little boy! I think he looks like the little boy caddy in "The Greatest Game Ever Played". Or a little british newspaper boy. "Why, 'ello govna!"- this is what I think a british newspaper boy would say if I ran into one.

Since babies cannot eat Reeses chocolate peanut butter eggs or Starburst jellybeans, the Easter bunny filled Henry's up with some bubbles, his first sand shovel and bucket for the beach, a bathtub book, various toys, and one of those baby floaties for the pool.
He's all set for summertime!

Playing with all his loot.

He loves getting presents, I can already tell.



Henry and I leave Wednesday for a little springtime fun in Texas. Can't wait to see the bluebonnets! It's probably been five years since I've been home at this time of year. And I know Grandpa Joe and Gee-ma are craving some baby squeezes!


Love,
Lyndsey, Marc, Henry, & Betsy

1 comment:

Me Too said...

Love the newspaper boy hat! Soooo cute!

And Landon got the same things in his Easter basket! But the Easter bunny brought chocolate bunnies, too, so I took one for the team and ate it before he could. I mean, that's what a Mama does, right?!

And I don't get the Mama Memos all the time. I blame the post office - always losing my mail! :) You're doing a great job!